Agency Mission Statement:
The mission of Gateway Community Services is to provide essential services to youth and their families in order to empower and strengthen them to become stable and self-sustaining members of the community. We will achieve the mission through effective teamwork, with a focus on leadership, accountability, mutual respect, and compassion.
Agency Vision Statement:
Gateway Community Services will be recognized as a financially sound leader in providing effective supportive services that are measurable and responsive to individual and community needs and that promote self-sufficiency.
Approach to Youth Intervention:
At Gateway Community Services, we approach youth intervention by designing services that address those areas we believe are essential for young people to achieve self-sufficiency. Our goal is to enable them to become productive members of their communities. These services include:
- Meeting basic needs for shelter or transitional housing, food, and clothing
- Crisis intervention with both youth and their families
- Assessment of academic, vocational, and independent living skills
- Counseling and guidance, including drug education
- Training in basic living skills
- Community outreach and advocacy